Monday, July 18, 2011

Zoo with Heather and Amy

While we were in California we went to the Oakland zoo with my friend Heather and her kids Ashli and Quinn. They were coming to Utah right after we got back so I told Heather we should go to the zoo while they are here too. Our friend Amy came too and brought her boys Colby and Parker.

We started out going to the bird show. I love watching the birds swoop down right over everyone's heads (but I am always a little worried that one is going to poop on me)
They were really struggling with the bird that collects donations. I guess the day before he found some popcorn, so rather then getting money and taking it to the collection box he was more interested in looking for snacks to eat.
Roman was super happy to be at the zoo. Can't you tell. Doesn't this look like a child who is enjoying himself?
Roman and Colby did have fun playing in the sand/digging area. It was hot outside and the kids were more interested in playing then really seeing the animals. After the sand area we went to let the kids sit on the big t-rex and somehow I didn't get any pictures of that. I think i found a spot to sit with Hudson in the shade.
All the kids (that is all the kids not in strollers) on the Rhino. Quinn on the ear, Roman, Ashli and Colby.
Roman and Colby were playing in the egg together.
Amy said "Wouldn't it be so cute to do a birth announcement picture in the eggs and have it say "Just Hatched." So, even though he wasn't a newborn she put Parker (he's 6 months old) in the eggs and snapped some pictures. So I decided to get a few of Hudson too.


What a cute little hatchling.

No comments: