Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to



Sunday we had Hudson's birthday party at the park with our families. We had a picnic potluck dinner then cake and ice cream and presents. It was simple and perfect. I forgot to bring so many things with us, so we just went with it. I forgot to bring a candle, lighter, high chair, and a bib. We figured he wouldn't blow the candle out anyway so it was fine. We would just put him on the table rather then a high chair, and we had another outfit and really is a bib going to really help when he's smashing into a cake?

Our neighbor, Micki, made Hudson's cakes. They were SO CUTE! The big cake was zoo animals and Hudson's smash cake was a monkey.



My sister, Becky got an amazing camera for her birthday. She was so good at taking pictures of everything I didn't even worry about taking my camera out of my purse. She got pictures of everything. I called her after we got home and I asked her to e-mail me some of the pictures when she got a chance. She was just getting her kids to bed so she called me back about an hour later kind of freaking out. She said she put the card in her computer and all the pictures were GONE! So she tried taking a picture and it saved and there were 103 pictures just missing. All the pictures from the party. Everything else was there. We thought of everything that we could to get the pictures back but it was beyond us. Spencer called his dad who told us about a program that we could try that might be able to recover the pictures. I also sent a text to a friend who told us that he had a different program that if the first one couldn't recover the pictures that his may work. Becky downloaded the program that Spencer's dad recommended then she started the scan. By 11:00 pm it was only about 25% complete. Becky got up a few times in the night to check on it, and at 3:00 am it said that it could recover the pictures but she had to buy the full version of the program. She did it and started the scan again. By 9:00 the next morning she had recovered all but the first few pictures of the cakes. I am so glad we were able to recover them. I am so glad we were able to get them back. SO CUTE (and funny!) And irreplaceable memories.

We were getting Hudson all settled on the table next to the cakes so that we could sing Happy Birthday to him. He kept trying to get his hands on the smash cake. We had to stop him several times. (He got his toes in the cake too)
When we finally let him get into the cake he wasn't really sure that he wanted to.
And once he finally did have his fingers in the cake, he was sure he definitely did NOT want to have it on his hands. (The naked picture was later when he was thinking about getting into the cake again, but he didn't REALLY want to touch it.)


Hudson (and Roman, and all his cousins) LOVED opening his presents, and playing with them.



No comments: