Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pineview Reunion

We started a new tradition last year, and we looked forward to it all year. It was our family reunion. Before last year it was held at the Uintah park. Last year they decided to try something new and had it at Pineview Reservoir. Last year we went, but I wasn't really able to do much because I looked like this. It was July 16 just a few days before Hudson was born.


This year it was a great time for everyone (as always). It was fun to see all my aunts, uncles, cousins, and their spouses and children. We don't see them often enough. My uncle Dennis rented a pontoon boat with a 3 person tube and wave runners.



I went out on the boat first with Roman and Hudson. And Spencer went out on a wave runner. Hudson LOVED having the wind blowing in his face on the boat.



Spencer pulled up to the side of the boat and Roman said he wanted to go with him on the wave runner so we put him on the wave runner with him and away they went. I think Roman was a little nervous (see the death grip he has on Spencer's swim trunks?)

Roman got in and out of the boat a few times to get on and off the wave runner with Spencer. He really wanted to be on the wave runner, but was just a little nervous about it. Hudson was trying to climb right off the boat. He wanted to touch the water.


Spencer even took Hudson out for a little ride on the waverunners. He LOVED it. Loved it so much that he cried when Spencer took him off. He wanted to stay on it all day.

After we were done on the boat and his little ride on the waverunner I took Hudson up and went for a drive to get him down for a nap. Spencer came up to the pavilion once he was asleep to took him from me so that I could have a turn taking the wave runner out too. I asked him where Roman was and he said "He went back out on the boat. Um, what? I guess Roman said he wanted to go back out on it and Spencer said sure and just sent him out on the boat. There were other adults (obviously) but I was a little surprised that he just sent him out. Roman just talked to my cousins wife the entire time. I decided it was probably the best time for me to go out on the wave runner while Hudson was sleeping and Roman was off with the boat. I didn't get a chance to ride them last year, so I was really looking forward to that this year.




We went back out on the boat with my sisters when the boat finally came back (It was gone for a LONG time, I was starting to get worried.) I went out on the tube first with my cousin Tiffany and her son Corbin and Roman. We let Roman tell them how fast (or slow) to drive the boat for us. Roman was so funny, he was so into giving thumbs up and down to signal to go faster or slower that he wasn't holding on so I ended up holding him on the tube. Unfortunately no one brought cameras out on the tube that time. After that I went out with my sisters Becky and Marla. It was a much faster, bumpier ride that time. Again no pictures, but we had a great time talking, laughing and screaming (then laughing some more.)

No comments: