Friday, May 25, 2012

A few fun things about Roman

I decided to post a few of my favorite things each of my boys are doing right now so I can remember these days.  They go by SO FAST.


Roman really wants to be big right now.  He is all about being big.  He likes to "watch himself grow."  He'll stretch out to see if he is bigger.  He is counting down the days until he turns 5 and likes to tell me all the things he is going to do when he is 5.


Roman knows he is smart now, which is beginning to be a problem.  On our way to school one morning he told me he is the smartest kid in his class at school, and the smartest kid in his class at church and asked if he was the smartest kid in our family.  I told him that Hudson is smart, he's just a lot  younger then Roman is.


Right now his favorite thing to do is read.  He will find a good book (or a pile of books....or the entire library) and sit down and read for hours at a time.  Sometimes forgetting about the world going on around him.  He also enjoys doing work books.  Learning has always come very easy for him, and he really thrives off of learning new things.


Roman is my extrovert.  He thrives on being out doing things with friends and family.  Going to school, play group, play dates.  Hudson on the other hand would be happy to stay home all day (and play with Roman.  He misses Roman like crazy when he is at school.)


Roman makes friends with everyone.  Young and old alike.  Some of his favorite friends are adults.  


We are still trying to figure out where Roman will go to Kindergarten.  It's a much harder decision then I thought.  Mostly because it's not just my decision.  We applied to 10+ charter schools.  I assumed by applying to so many we would be accepted to at least one.  When it was all said and done Roman didn't get into a single charter school.  I felt frantic and started looking at other options.  We applied for permits to several local public schools that are closer to our house then the school that he is supposed to ride the bus to and I applied for a job at one of the charter schools, but it looks like it might be right before schools starts before we know where he'll be attending elementary school.

No comments: