Sunday, January 1, 2012

November in a nutshell

November I was busy crafting away (I'll write a post just about all the craftiness), but we still made sure to do plenty of fun things.

Ever since the spring Roman has been asking when the leaves were going to fall off the trees so he could play in them, so he was thrilled when they started falling. It seems like our leaves just dump all at once. We have huge piles of leaves everywhere. Roman was so excited he was jumping in them and throwing them up in the air. Hudson was a little confused about what exactly Roman was doing, and just kind of sat back and watched him.


Both boys were interested in the leaf blower though. Roman especially liked to be blown away with it (while wearing a cape)

Every year we go up to Snowbird's Customer Appreciation days. They offer a free tram ride with a donation of one can per person to the Utah Food Bank. Some years there's sun, others there's snow, but we love going. This year, there was a blizzard! It was freezing cold and as soon as we got off the tram the boys wanted to go straight to the warming hut. With wind chill they said it was below 0 outside.

The boys were happy on the tram, they loved watching out the windows.

The view from the tram on the way up.
Mom, it's COLD!
This was the best picture we were able to get of the 4 of us this year. The boys were so cold they were crying. The wind was blowing snow in their faces, but it was memorable!

For the last few months Roman has been in a community ed tumbling class. He really liked it, he was running around, doing somersaults and crab walks, and being crazy for an hour a week.




November 18 was our 11th wedding anniversary, Spencer and I take turns planning our anniversaries. We haven't really been able to do anything the last 2 years (because of Hudson) so I wanted to do something fun this year. I found a deal online for the Solomon Center to do the iFly (indoor sky diving in a wind tunnel) flowrider (indoor surfing/body boarding) and the climbing wall. It was an excellent deal so I decided that's what we would do and planned around it. I picked Roman up from school and went straight to my parents and Marla watched the boys overnight for us. We did the iFly first, and I'll admit I was nervous, but it was so much fun! We finished up there and went down to the flowrider. We were there for an hour and we were so exhausted and hungry and it was starting to snow so we decided to skip the climbing wall and head straight to dinner.
I found a BBQ place that looked good near the bed and breakfast I had reservations for us at and it was so good. We found our way to the "Atomic Chalet" (Yes, that is really what the B&B was called) which was right on a lake, the snow was falling, we were sore from falling so much on the flowrider so we sat in front of the fire, sat in the hot tub, watched a movie, went to sleep early, it was such a nice, relaxing time. We woke up to a blanket of snow. It was beautiful. We sat in front of the fire, ate breakfast, looked at photography books (like National Geographic), then we decided to go drive around the lake and just look at all the snow. It was so beautiful. It was the perfect little anniversary get away.





Roman's first talk all my himself in Primary. I had him read it the morning before because I didn't know if we would be able to do it in Primary. He did so great. He practiced every day that week and was able to read it all by himself.


Here he is in primary, you can hear him, but can't really see him, because he was shorter then the podium.


One afternoon we were headed out to run some errands. I asked Roman to run up to his bedroom to grab his shoes really quick so we could go. 10 minutes later he still hadn't come back down so I decided I better go check on him. I found him, on his bedroom floor, fast asleep. To his credit, he did have his shoes out, he just didn't get any further then that.


This year we spent Thanksgiving with Spencer's mom and step-dad. It was just his mom, step-dad, brother, sister-in-law, his step-sister and her boyfriend. It was a nice quiet day. We stayed until we needed to get the boys home to bed. I even made Roman's Christmas hat while we were there. (I went a little overboard on the hats this year, these were their Thanksgiving Turkey hats.)

I have a lot more pictures for December then November, because Spencer surprised me with my birthday present a week early. He sent Roman upstairs (on November 29, about a week before my birthday) with my early birthday present...he gave me a Canon 18-55mm lens (I didn't have a DSLR camera) so I asked where the rest was. He said I could hav it on my birthday. Torture! So Roman and I searched the house and found my present...I was afraid I had been a horrible example teaching him to look for presents. Luckily he was still good about leaving presents alone.

This was one of the first pictures I took playing with my new camera.

No comments: