Thursday, October 13, 2011

Here's what's Happening with Hudson

In an attempt to catch up, I'm going to just do one big post about each of my boys. Since I last posted Hudson has become a full time walker/runner/climber/trouble maker! He is so fast and gets into EVERYTHING! We've done lots of baby proofing in the kitchen and as soon as we stop him from getting into one thing, he finds another. He has also discovered the toilet (And he has a brother that forgets to flush the toilet regularly, eew!!!!!!!)

One of his favorite things right now is books. He will point at his bookshelf and say "book, book." He pulls all the books off his shelf at least every other day (if not every day, and for some reason I just keep gathering them back up and putting them back on the shelf.) He carries them all over the house saying "book." Occasionally he will bring them to us to read them to him. One morning Spencer got his diaper changed and he made his escape before he got clothes on. A few minutes later Spencer called to me that I needed to see what he was doing. I went out to see him sitting in the dog bed, reading a book.
One night Spencer was at work late so I was getting the boys to bed alone. Roman likes to read at night so Hudson was playing in his room and I was in Roman's room reading with him. I had opened Hudson's toy drawer for him so that he could get toys out. It got quiet....too quiet, so I went to see what all the quiet was about. I went into his room to discover him IN his toy drawer.
Another morning Roman wanted to watch a movie. He found the movie Up! so I got it started for him and Hudson grabbed the case (calling it a book) and took off with it. He went straight to Roman's room with the case and settled into his chair to look at his "book."


Hudson has another tooth. He is such a slow teether. He gets them one...at...a...time. He just got his 7th tooth on the top right.


Hudson has started to become a picky eater. He won't eat most noodles, rice, sauces, he doesn't like most things that we have for dinner, but we discovered his favorite food. He gets so excited when he even sees pancake batter, the griddle, or us take a pancake out of the fridge to reheat. He LOVES pancakes. He would eat them every meal if we would feed them to him that often. (He's actually not eating pancakes in these pictures, but I thought they were cute, he thinks he's so funny sometimes!)


Hudson is still totally loving his monkeys. We bought the second to have a backup, but he thinks he needs both now. We only let one out of the crib at a time now so that if we lose one at least we'll have the other. I am seriously thinking about going back to Build-a-bear and getting ANOTHER monkey, but if I do I won't take the boys and it will get put away so that we have one if something happens to Funky Monkey (Utah shirt monkey) or Monkey Brown (with the flannel shirt.)




Last week we went to the Discovery Gateway children's museum with my sister Becky and her girls and Becky's sister-in-law Jessica and her little boy Eli who's just a month younger then Hudson. The kids had a LOT of fun, but it wasn't a great place to go to sit and visit and catch up because the kids didn't do much sitting. Hudson found the water table and spent quite a bit of time there. He found a place that he could drop a ball down and he thought that was so much fun. He was soaked, but happy.

Hudson found the music area and was having fun making music so Roman came to join us. They had fun playing with the mallets.

There's a baby/toddler area and it has this large swan for the kids to play on. Another of Hudson's favorite things right now is ducks. He was pointing to the beak saying "Duck, duck."



We didn't make it to the zoo very many times this summer. Too many things going on. We were able to sneak a few short trips in, but didn't take many pictures at all. We go so often I just don't think to take pictures anymore. I just love when my boys are playing happily together I have to take pictures to remember that it happens, and it's so cute!

We didn't get to do much hiking this summer either. We had great plans to go hiking every weekend over the summer. I think we went maybe 5 times all summer. The weekend of Labor day Spencer decided to take the Friday off work and go into work on Monday so that we could go hiking while it wasn't as busy. We dropped Roman to school then went up Little Cottonwood Canyon. We were trying to hike to Red Pine lake (We've never actually made it there yet, we've hiked the trail many times, but it's about a 6.5 mile hike round trip and we've just never had enough time to go all the way.) We ran out of time to go all the way to the lake because we had to make it back in time to get Roman from school. We enjoyed the day in the mountains though and Hudson was having a great time just along for the ride.


One thing that always makes me happy is watching my boys have fun together. Hudson always wants to do whatever Roman is doing, and Roman has his days that he wants to do anything to make his brother happy. I always try to get pictures of them when they are playing happy because I want to remember all the good/happy times.

I built them a fort with a blanket going from our bed to the storage ottoman that usually sits at the end of our bed. They had so much fun running around the ottoman and crawling through it. The brought books, pillows and animals in their fort to play with.


Hollywood Connections


And finally a few odds and ends. Hudson has started signing more, and I LOVE watching him sign. Roman signed a lot more because we were better about it with him but so far Hudson can sign:

Cup (actually milk, but he says cup when he signs it)
more
eat
daddy
All done
Please

He has his 15 month well child check on November 1 so we'll see how big he is then but I had him weighed (fully clothed) when Roman had a doctor appointment 2 weeks ago and at that appointment he weighed 21 lbs. I think he may actually be back on the charts at this next appointment! (I HOPE!) And measuring him on our unofficial wall one it looks like he's grown about 2" too!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Great update. I need to do something similar. LOVE the picture of Hudson "reading" in the doggie bed. Too cute!