Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dear blogging world

I have been avoiding my blog because it's so far behind. I will never catch up now. I'm giving up (mostly) on catching up and I'm just going to start from here. I'll throw in this and that from before but there is no way I'll ever get caught up....so in an effort to resurrect the blog, I'll start with the here and now.

The last few weeks I took a self-enforced internet break to get some craftiness done. I recently found Pinterest which is my newest addiction and I decided I couldn't keep pinning things if I wasn't actually going to make any of it...so I started making ALL of it.

I started out making winter hats for my boys. I thought Roman would be too cute in a dinosaur hat, so I made this one for him.


Then I made Hudson an acorn hat. I found pictures of the acorn hat on Pinterest but it was just a hat that was for sale. I looked at it and decided I could make it. I found a cuffed hat pattern, a leaf pattern, and made up the stem pattern myself and I think it turned out pretty great.

Then, I found this cool bracelet pattern, I've never done a "broomstick stitch"so I tried it out in a color I didn't LOVE first to make sure I really wanted to do it. LOVE it!
So I made a second in a color I like. Then the next morning I saw the bracelet sitting on my bathroom counter as I was trying to run out the door with wet hair and it also makes an awesomely adorable bun cover for your hair.

I am not sure what got into me at this point but I think I became a crocheting machine. I found a pattern on Ravelry.com to make a sock monkey and a sock monkey hat and decided that Hudson NEEDED that too, seeing as how he is so into monkeys. I made the hat first and tried it on him (and Roman, they have just about the same size heads right now) and love LOVE it.

The sock monkey is going to go in the top of Hudson's stocking.
And since I was on Ravelry looking around I also came across a pattern for the cutest lady bug hat and booties and decided that Spencer's cousin needed them for her soon to be born baby. So I whipped those up too.

At this point I decided I needed to take a break from crocheting. My hands and arms were seriously hurting from all the crocheting I had been doing....so I decided to make some hand puppets for Roman for Christmas. They are Old McDonald hand puppets, so it's McDonald and his animals.


Last Saturday was my niece Ariana's birthday party and Roman was invited so I decided to make her present too (like I said, I think I turned into a crocheting machine.) So I crocheted a different sock monkey hat and a different sock monkey for her. I hear that they were a big hit. I hope she still loves them.

I am now mostly working on bigger projects with a break here and there for a small project for instant gratification. I just finished this little guy for the top of Roman's stocking.

I did teach my friend Reagan to crochet this week too and she is working on making an acorn hat for her daughter so hopefully she can keep up the pace that I seem to be losing. I hope to make several more gifts this year, hopefully I can keep this motivation going.

3 comments:

Spencer said...

Remember the lady in our adoption class that would knit or crochet all class. It seemed like she would finish a project every class.

Amy said...

You are TOTALLY a crocheting machine. I was already thinking that and I had only seen half the things you made. WOW. I need a crocheting refresher course. I never did get very good at it. I wish I had known you crocheted for Jason's party. I oogled those sock monkey hats for a month or two before his party but I just didn't have the time to refresh my skills AND make it. Love the pink one!! Did you have the yarn already or how much did it cost for enough yarn to make one of those? (Have you seen the owl crocheted hats? That's the other one I've been drooling over.) Hmmm...guess I should have emailed instead of write a mile long comment. Anyway, you are AWESOME! Way to go on all the projects!

Reggs said...

I seriously give you mad props for all your projects! You are an inspiration to me, and THANK YOU for all your help!!