Thursday, August 30, 2012

Festival of Trees

--- UPDATE ----

Because of all the craziness we've decided to wait until next year to do a tree in Roman's honor.  With all of the hospital bills and so many things going on in our lives this year we decided it would be better to wait until next year when we have a little more time (and money) that we can contribute to this cause.  We still want to do it, but feel it will be better next year!

-----

This year we would like to decorate and donate a tree in Roman's honor to the Festival of Trees.  We would like to do this to help create a positive experience from Roman's hospitalization (a friend's sister suggested this, then my friend said we were totally CRAZY for doing it, but here goes the craziness!)

We are planning to do a 4th of July tree since this craziness all began on the 4th of July.  I have a lot of fun ideas (but of course they are going to require funds) so this is where YOU can help.  Everyone keeps asking if there is anything they can do to help, please help us with Roman's tree!  There are several ways you can donate, I have added a donation button on the right toolbar, it is linked to my paypal account, I can accept donations in person, or if you have new items you would like to donate, to me with items to add to the tree.  Festival of Trees is particular that all items must be new and they have very specific rules (non-flammable, non perishable, etc) If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.  (I am still figuring this out, so I am sure there are several things that I am forgetting here!)

P.S. Roman had another visit to Primary Children's hospital on Tuesday, I will post about it later today (hopefully!)

No comments: